Saturday 1 October 2011

Large Handbag or Small Clutch?

Big bag or little bag? Which type of bag girl are you?  

 



I am most definitely a “shove your whole life in your handbag” kind of girl.  On a recent trip I managed to cram in not only my wallet, keys, hair brush, lip gloss, chewing gum and phone but also my camera, doggy treats and a litre wide mouth Nalgene bottle (the dog loves drinking from it).  I love a HUGE shoulder bag with lots of pockets and things to help me attempt to keep things organized.  

That’s one reason I recently rented the Michael Kors Gansvoort Leather Tote.  Also, it’s gorgeous.  I loved that bag and enjoyed the longer strap giving me cross body options that my usual hobo doesn’t offer.  However, I did find it a little heavy at times.  


 Photo of Kristin Cavallari from Coolspotters website.  Click here for link.

I recently realized that I currently do not own a clutch.  I don’t.  Not a single clutch.  Crazy right?  Clutches are very in right now but I’ve never seen them as overly practical.  I have enough to carry in life without having my bag in my hand all the time so I never saw the purpose of the clutch.  How do women do it? 


 Photo of Victoria Beckham from Coolspotters website.  Click here for link.

Then I was browsing the Bling Borrowers website and I just fell in love with this Michael Kors (see a theme lately?) Python Collette Clutch.   It looked adorable and I have a lot of fancy, fashion related events in the course of three weeks.  I figured what better time to rent for a month and try out the whole clutch thing!




Only problem.... I carried it to a fashion show last week and now I don’t want to give it back.  It’s so pretty! Expect some outfit posts over on my blog in the coming weeks! In the mean time, if you’re usually a “bigger is better” kind of girl, give a little bag a chance.  It’s not the size that counts right?

Leigh-Ellen Thomas lives, loves and shops on the East Coast of CanaLeighEllenprofilepicda with her husband, golden retriever and the cat who rules them all.  For more fashion, travel and pet peeves visit her blog at http://littlewaterlily.blogspot.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment